Seeing as this is the first Blog
post, I’m going to pretend like I know what I’m doing. The goal of PDX Sports Report is to
sort through the clutter and gossip that is the sports world today. Now how is this different than any other upstart sports Blog? Maybe I should say a little, just a
little about myself. I was born
and raised in NE Portland to a half English half American family. My dad was the English one, and as is customary, he sat my
brother and I down in front of the TV and brainwashed us to not only become
soccer players, but soccer junkies.
After I realized that there was a world outside of early 90’s English
Premier League re-runs on VHS, I found this other sport called basketball and a
team called the Trailblazers.
While soccer was, and always will be my first love, the passion that
comes with being a Blazers fan comes in a close second.
| Upper Left and Right with Eastside United Liverpool, Lower Left Whitworth University, Lower Right Cleveland High School |
In this time span I had some unforgettable experiences and played with
some phenomenal players who I’m sure will go on to have soccer careers that
will far out-shine this Blog. I was a big, slow, centre forward, and
while I was never graced with a sports body, thankfully I was graced with a
sports brain.
So it is with this background that The
PDX Sports Report is being launched on. With comprehensive coverage on Portland area sports
ranging from the Portland Timbers and Portland Trail Blazers, to Portland State
women’s soccer and University of Portland Men’s Basketball. Everything you could want, scores, rumors, and trades, all with a local spin you might not find on your average sports site.
No comments:
Post a Comment